Thursday, May 30, 2013

Concrete, Rock, Newspaper

Yesterday, there was this great commotion when I got out of bed.  It came from outside.  It was loud.  I heard several male voices.  I went to the front door, and what I found was a ridiculously large truck (not a real truck...it was a Ford), a utility trailer, and several pieces of heavy machinery parked in my driveway.  Four men were standing in the middle of the street, shooting the shit.  It took them just a minute to notice me, standing on my front stoop, hands on my hips, and a look that could make the Devil cringe on my face. 

Now, we have a HUGE driveway to accommodate the flow of cars to the three-car garage.  It is often used as a turnaround for the poor idiots who turned down this dead-end street expecting another way out (even though there is a sign at the beginning of the little road stating otherwise).  The driveway is often a playground for the little neighborhood animals...I mean kids...who feel the need to play outside of their own yard.  Often, you will find my dogs guarding it with fierce obedience when I get sick of neighbor dogs crapping in said driveway.  I am a fairly patient woman.

However, when four filthy men feel that it is their right to park their filthy truck, filthy trailer, and filthy (not to mention heavy) construction equipment in my driveway...  and didn't even bother to ring the bell and ask....  Well, that's when the shit hits the fan.  

I was not nice.  I don't care if anyone expects that I should be in that situation.  If you are so ignorant that you think my property is yours, you are sadly mistaken and I have a pistol in my drawer that will tell you just how mistaken you are.  I wasn't nice.  

Anywho...

These people who live across the street (asshole man and his very sweet wife...not sure how that one happened) spent a good chunk of money on this new driveway.  Looked pretty good when I went to bed last night, too.  The very sweet wife and I had a small conversation about why they needed it and how good it really did look.  What else was I supposed to do after taking out the trash?  Conversation with another adult isn't something that happens for me on a regular basis, so I take advantage.  

Fast-forward to this morning...  I back my car out of the garage to head to the UPS store and, when I turn to look at their very nice, new driveway....holy shit.  Right in the middle is a rather large rock...and their morning paper.  

Now, I know a little about concrete and wondered just how wet that stuff was when they poured it.  To me, it looks like it handled the newspaper just fine....but that rock.  I don't think that was a good thing.  

So...  Here I will tell you that there is a man who lives a couple houses down.  He used to be fairly harmless, sitting outside and staring at me as I mowed my lawn, looking pretty stupid in his black socks and ratty shorts.  Then, he actually found a woman willing to live with him (have no idea how that happened, either).  She came with six kids.  Six kids who have had what appears to be just enough home training to keep them from pissing themselves.  I have had several run-ins with these animals...I mean kids.  They have been caught climbing all over my husband's rig when it was parked here (which we got the law called on us for), they have been caught harassing my dogs, tormenting my dogs, teasing my dogs.  They have been caught throwing trash in my yard.  They are hellions, to put it mildly.  

That is the only place that big rock would have come from.  So now I wait.  

I wait for the asshole man to realize what has happened.  I wait for him to realize how.  And he will....  and all hell's going to break loose.  

This is the kind of bullshit that goes on every day.  And this is where the house is that I am trying to sell.  Think I will find a buyer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment